Many pregnant moms report that having osteopathic manipulations helped reduce their duration of labor and made their birthing experience easier. Not only does osteopathic treatment improve the comfort and well-being of pregnancy but can prevent or reduce the potentials of a difficult labor experience for both mom and newborn.
Below are some of the symptoms that gentle osteopathic manipulation can improve during and after pregnancy, so women can have an optimal pregnancy, labor, and bonding time with the newborn.
- Heartburn or Indigestion
- Swelling of the hands and feet
- Pelvic pain
- Shortness of Breath
- Difficulty walking due to pelvic changes
- Abdominal Pain and Discomfort from the stretching tissues supporting the growing uterus
- Urinary Stress Incontinence or urine leakage with cough, sneezing, laughing
- Low Back Pain and Discomfort
- Tailbone Pain
- Pelvic Pain
- Upper Backache
- Neck and Shoulder Pain or Discomfort due to Breastfeeding